THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS OVER!
Click the button to register your team by completing the form. If you have any question please read the FAQ below or contact us. The application deadline is from 25.03.2019 until 08.04.2019.
What is Techathon?
– It is a hackathon competition organized by YEP Gostivar, it is implemented within the Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans (ReLOaD), funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). It is also funded by the Municipality of Gostivar.
What is the purpose?
– Groups of students will work on providing different technological solutions.
What will the problem be?
– You will propose an IT solution that tackles a problem proposed by the Municipality of Gostivar.
Who can apply?
– It is open for all interested high school students.
Do we need to know programming?
– No, but it is preferable that you have some knowledge about IT.
Do we have to be residents of the Municipality of Gostivar?
– No, the competition is open to all students from North Macedonia.
When is the application’s deadline?
– Applications are open until 10th of April.
When will it happen?
– Techathon will happen on the 20th and 21st of April.
Where will it happen?
– We will use the space of the Youth and Community Center in Gostivar.
What time will it start?
– We will start at 10:00 on Saturday, and finish at 16:00 on Sunday.
How long will we work?
– You will have exactly 30 hours to work on the project.
Can we go for a walk or sleep?
– It is you that decides how will you spend your time.
What do we need to bring with us?
– You will only need laptops and motivation to work.
What costs do you cover?
– We will provide electricity, extended cables, food and drinks.
How about transport costs?
– We are unable to cover these costs.
Should I apply for myself or the entire group?
– Only one of you should apply for the entire group.
Are we accepted automatically after we apply?
– No, you will be interviewed after you apply.
What if we decide to sleep?
– Let’s say you are 5 members and sleep 6 hours each, you lose a total of 30 hours of possible work.
What kind of food will you offer?
– You will have a menu to choose from. We will provide different menu for breakfast and another one for dinner. We will also have snacks in between the meals.
When is the final presentation?
– You will have 1 hour to prepare the presentation that starts at 17:00.
Who will be the jury that will decide the winners?
– We will have 2 IT professionals and 1 representative from the Municipality.
How will you choose the jury?
– The criteria are to have IT professionists, non-residents of our city, a female and minority representative.
Why do you need a representative from the Municipality?
– They need to evaluate the feasibility of your proposed solution.
What are the criteria for evaluating the proposed solutions?
– The criteria are the feasibility of the solution, applicability, design, presentation, work accomplished and background research.
What language will be used during the presentation?
– We suggest that you present in English. But, you can also present in Albanian or Macedonian, and we will try to translate for you.
What equipment do we need?
– You should bring a laptop, tablet or a smartphone. We can only provide one laptop for each group.